Camping with your significant one can be the best experience if you both have cozy and comfy nights. While camping, sleeping on the cold and stiff ground is nothing but misery and so, if you are looking forward to a peaceful sleep, you must look for the best camping mattress for couples.
Now it is easier to enjoy an epicurean night even by staying miles away from your hotel, in your camp. For your feasibility, we have assembled a list of the best camping mattress for couples considering budget, comfort, durability, excursion, easier adjustment, and weight.
A Buying Guide To The Best Camping Mattress For Couples
Before buying any double camping bed, you need to consider some significant factors. These include material, size and dimensions, weight, pumps, R-value, sleeping pads, comfort, insulation, durability, portability, ease of assemblage, valves, and budget. Comparing these factors will make it easier for you to choose the right product so far.
- Some mattresses have a fabric that prevents slipping of seeping bag and for restless sleepers, mattresses having surface fabric are preferred.
- The common materials used in the fabrication of a mattress are foam (movement absorbing material) and polyester (usually filled in pillowtop and covers).
- Some other materials involved in the buildup of mattresses are wool, cotton, adhesives, flame retardants, and steel coils.
- The common fabrics used in manufacturing include bamboo, organic cotton (mostly ticking), Tencel, modal, and silk.
Shapes, Size & Dimensions
- Mattresses come in different shapes to save size and weight.
- These shapes include rectangular, cylindrical, and tapered mattresses.
- Mattresses may have a flat surface, vertical baffles, horizontal baffles, or multiple baffles.
- Larger baffles (rails) cradle you and prevents you from getting off the mattress.
- Commonly, the dimensions for a single mattress are 77 inches long and 30 inches wide (6.5 feet by 2.5 feet).
- For a double mattress, it should be 74 inches long and 54 inches wide. The height ranges from 7 to 25 inches.
- A higher R value is utilized to discuss the protection of a camping bed.
- A high R-value is wanted when searching for throughout the season comfort when you camp outside, as it is the sign of a thickly protected material.
- Expect an R-value near or at 9.5 for an inflatable sleeping bed or resting mattress appropriate for winter temperatures.
Inflation & Deflation
Easier Inflation: At the point when you have been camping for quite a long time in high height, removing more energy to explode your sleeping mattress can be debilitating and potentially risky. These days, sleeping pads are structured with in-built pumps which are simple and advantageous to utilize.
Easier Deflation: Simple deflating is additionally significant. If your sleeping mattress takes too long to even consider collapsing and you are having to consistently move it up and unroll it to permit air to get away, you are cutting into your movement time.
- Most of the camping mattresses accompany a pump, either electric or manual.
- Electric pumps are incredible, particularly battery-powered. You need to simply append the tip to the bedding valve, flip the switch and watch it fill.
- A manual pump is decent as well, you will not be worried about charging it.
- 1-way valves, where the wind streams just a single way, make it a lot simpler to inflate and emptying it.
- 2-way valves make it difficult to deflate the mattress. While you attempt to push air out, some air may surge back in, easing back the deflation down.
Top 7 Best Camping Mattress For Couples
Considering the significant factors incorporating types of mattress, buildup, and material, weight, size, shape, comfort, reliability, and nature, we have prepared a list of our top 7 best camping mattress for couples. Each product has its pros and cons, but none of them compromise on the quality and your comfort.
1. QOMOTOP Ultra Thick Mattress- Camping Bed For Two
- Pad has a frosted touch
- The mattress needs to be inflated
- Silent design and minimizes noise
- 5 R-value
- Excellent temperature isolation
- Made of TPU material
- 4 inches thick after inflation
- Adjustable softness
- Size- 80 x 52 x 4 inches
- Offers space for 2 persons
- Interior is of PU foam
- Weighs 13.6 pounds
- Foldable design
QOMOTOP, the best camping bed for two, comes with a pad having frosted touch. This sleeping bed needs to be inflated by using a packaging bag and it needn’t any air pump. The silent design of this comfy pad keeps all the noise away, giving you a peaceful period.
The R-value is 9.5, and it provides excellent temperature isolation, keeping your body warm and comfortable. When inflated, the thickness of the mattress becomes 4 inches. The firmness of the mattress is adjustable, and it provides enough room for two persons.
I’d been contrasting very good quality self-inflating camp beddings searching for happy with outdoors trip rest for myself and my tall/huge high schooler child. As I was prepared to purchase the profoundly evaluated (4.75) however expensive REI Dreamer XL when I saw this. And feel free to examine yourself as they are basically the same. It is long and sufficient that your pad will not tumble off and you can extend your legs and feet. But it supports a 240 6’4″ individual who moves and side rests viably.
2. Coleman Camping Cot- Best Camping Bed For Couples
- Two foldout side tables and cup holders
- Takes 90 seconds to get inflated
- Has battery-operated pump
- Comes in queen size
- Dimensions- 59 x 22 x 78 inches
- The weight limit is 600 pounds
- Weighs 41.9 pounds
- Steel framework
The steel framework of this camping bed makes it sturdy and more reliable. It comes with two cup holders along with two side tables and helps you in adjusting your stuff easily. This double camp bed gets inflated and deflated in no time as it takes only 90 seconds for complete inflation. However, having a battery-operated pump makes it easier to set it up but make sure you charge the pump before the process.
The mattress comes in queen size and offers enormous space for a couple. The weight-bearing capacity it possesses is around 600 pounds and weighs itself, 41.9 pounds. This mattress is ideal for car camping or motor camping but not recommended for a backpacking trip. It does not give out any bad smell and made of TPU material.
My wife and I are moving toward old age and needed to camp yet not need to slither out of a tent and snatch an outdoor table to get up. This bed raised us off the floor of the tent and effectively upheld two individuals. Focus on the guidelines where it says to at first fill the bed, let the sleeping pad stretch for some time, and afterward top it up with air once more. I wish I had known this year prior. This bed is extraordinary to rest on. I would prescribe this bed to any individual who needs to camp or actually needs an extra bed they can crease up and set aside until required.
3. ALPS Mountaineering Velocity Air Bed- Best Camping Mattress For Couples
- Polyester oxford fabric
- Durable coil system
- Firm and comfortable
- Rechargeable pump
- Weighs 3.10 pounds
- Pack size: 15.5 x 7 inches
- Inflated size: 39 x 80 x 6 inches
- Weight capacity of 250 pounds
ALPS air bed, the best camping mattress for couples, is fabricated of polyester oxford fabric. To make it more durable, it has a coil system. The bed is not only solid and firm but also it has a comfortable sleeping area. It comes with a rechargeable pump that can be charged by car and a wall charger is included in the package.
With a flip of a switch, you can recharge your pump and it takes no time in inflating or deflating the mattress. The weight capacity of this mattress is around 250 pounds and being lightweight, it weighs only 3.10 pounds. It is not only reliable but also pocket-friendly that you won’t regret buying.
I was astonished after opening the package. This is certainly PVC-free, and nontoxic. PVC, as you may know, has a mind-boggling, unmistakable synthetic smell of vinyl (polyvinyl chloride) so that is unquestionable as promoted! The sleeping pad showed up perfectly collapsed within its own drawstring pocket of a similar green tone, alongside the pump, charger, and a vehicle connector! What’s more, obviously, the spout connectors fit the inflating opening of the mattress (nozzle connector has 3 sizes across the board part, just 2 of them are utilized for this thing anyway as the third size spout is excessively thin for one or the other opening.) The sleeping mattress is made of solid material. A material that has no bad smell.
4. KingCamp Deluxe Series- Best Camping Mattress For Two
- 100% polyester 150D oxford
- Damp-proof mattress
- Durable and comfortable
- Inflated size: 77.95 x 51.18 x 2.95 inches
- Package size: 26.37 x 12. 59 x 12.59 inches
- Weighs 11.5 pounds
- Rounded rectangle design
- Non-corrosive brass valve
- Compression straps
This camping mattress for two is made of original polyester 150D, making it damp-proof and reliable. KingCamp is comfortable and durable- can be used for many years. The camping bed comes in a rounded rectangle design and weighs around 11.5 pounds. It comes with two durable non-corrosive brass valves and lets you appreciate quick deflation and inflation.
This deluxe mattress allows very convenient comfort level adjustment. It also offers compression straps, an oversized oxford carrying bag, and a repair kit. The process of inflation can be made faster in this mattress by exposing it to sunlight. You can roll this sleeping pad and use it twice for restoring elasticity.
Although, absolutely not 3 inches thick, I give this item 5 stars without a second thought. My hubby and I are in our 50s, with some back issues, and resting on the ground essentially is simply excessively agonizing for us. We took this tangle to Sherman Pass a weekend ago, two or three camping beds for additional cushioning – and presto. We were comfortable.
Dislike our bed at home, however comfortable. Difficult to move up, however, we just collapsed it and set it back in the truck. It was surely enormous enough for both of us. My husband is difficult to intrigue, yet this got the job done. Not in camping areas, or trailers, but rather in a tent up in the mountains. However, being off the campground additionally made a difference.
5. Exped Megamat Sleeping Pad- Most Comfortable Camping Beds
- Made of polyester and thermoplastic polyurethane
- Weighs 7.5 pounds
- Size: Duo medium wide- 72 x 41 inches
- Dimensions: 25 x 11 x 11 inches
- Adjustable softness
- Designed for 4 seasons
- Bluesign certified insulation
- Oeko-Tex 100 certified materials
- Hydrolysis resistant
- Polyester top with TPU laminate
- Honeycomb embossed top
The most comfortable camping bed, Exped Megamat, is more like a double bed rather than a sleeping pad. It keeps you warm and cozy, with relaxation. It comes with a self inflating pump and offers easier firmness adjustability. This duo sleeping pad is designed for four seasons and provides ultimate comfort no matter what the weather is. It is certified of Bluesign and keeps you warm by keeping the temperature down to -54 degrees F.
Know that, this camping bed comes with an innovative carry sack having megamat, mini pump, repair kit, carrying straps, and manual fits. The 3D construction ensures its high-quality. Exped Megamat weighs only 7.5 pounds and it is of Oeko-Tex certified materials.
Fantastically comfortable and this camping bed is so easy to use. I’m 6’5 and my girlfriend is 5’3. We fit on this bed impeccably. I love outdoor nights, however, I like to keep things as crude as could really be expected. As I get more seasoned, things will in general damage the morning subsequent to resting on the ground with a thin sleeping pad.
6. Etekcity Camping Air Mattress- Best Camping Pads For Couples Mattress
- Queen size mattress
- Made of PVC
- Waterproof material
- Weight capacity of 600 pounds
- Weighs 16.36 pounds
- Wireless rechargeable pump
- Takes 90 seconds to inflate
- Built with fourth-generation technology
- Durable and stable
- Made of safe materials
- Multi-layered flocked top
- Inflated size: 80 x 60 x 9 inches
- Deflated size: 13 x 7 x 15 inches
- 2 in 1 valve
The Etekcity Camping Air Mattress Queen Twin Airbed is another phenomenal alternative that offers incredible incentives for your money. It comes with a two-year warranty period. It comes with 2 in 1 valve and offers quick inflation and deflation.
This Air Mattress can uphold as much as 650 pounds, making it a tough pneumatic bed for couples. Also, it utilizes materials that have been tried to be liberated from phthalates, cadmium, and lead. It uses the PVC in the manufacturing of this pneumatic bed is additionally thicker than standard PVC material, giving better toughness so it will keep going for some, outdoor trips.
This mattress is entirely comfortable. It is moderately tranquil and doesn’t make much noise when you move, contrasted with other pneumatic beds. Though, if you charge the pump for around 3 hours, and afterward, carry it with you to camp. Put the spout on the pump, and afterward blow up the bedding in your tent. We enthusiastically suggest this!
Camping mattresses are significant for couples and they must be of durable and comfy quality. Considering quality, durability, portability, and number of specifications, we presented a list of the best camping mattress for couples. In our recommendations, the product having all the required qualities is QOMOTOP Ultra Thick Mattress. However, the other mentioned products on my list are no less in any aspect and you can totally count on them when it comes to high-quality and endurance.
What size bed do most couples have?
There are four recommended bed’s sizes for most couples and those include:
- Full size mattress of 53 inches wide and 75 inches long.
- King size mattress is 76 inches wide and 80 inches long.
- California king size mattress is 72 inches wide and 84 inches long.
- Queen size mattress is 60 inches wide and 80 inches long.
How can I make my camping mattress more comfortable?
There are some materials that can soften up your camping bed and those include foam pads, bubble wrap, and egg crate. What you have to do is to put that material under your fitted sheet and if you are not using any fitted sheet then you can simply lay it down under your blanket.
Are self inflating mattresses comfortable?
Yes, being larger in size, these mattresses are really comfortable. However, a self-insulating mattress keeps you warmer and also, insulates you from the ground. Even if your mattress gets any hole, still you will be sleeping on the foam rather than the ground.
Can a king bed fit in a 12 x 12 room?
It can fit in a 12 x 12 room but very tightly. But it would be best if you adjust a king-sized mattress in a 13 x 13 room. For a 12 x 12 room, a queen-sized mattress is a better option.
How many adults can fit in a king-size bed?
A king-size camping bed serenely obliges two adults. However, this kind of sleeping pad additionally gives adequate space to kids and pets that might need to share the bed.